Saturday, December 25, 2010

Snow!! Christmas at the Cabin.


Dec. 18th - So, this past weekend on the I went with some friends on down to Arizona to goonthe Polar Express... Well it was good to seem my family and it was fun to spend time with those friends, but really? Williams I really think you could do a better job then that. Disappointment!! although, the bells we got were kinda ligit. The drive down and back was really the only thing that made it worth it. I did greatly enjoy that, even the 28 mile detour we took out side of Kingman, AZ in the wrong direction. Fun stuff. Adventure and Shenanigans the two go hand inhand... as I always say.



Dec. 21st - There is a lot... and I mean A LOT of snow up here at brianhead. Since I got here yesterday there has to be at least 2 feet of new snow. Its crazy go nuts!!
We had an adventure this morning finding and cutting down a christmas tree, it was good stuff. Lots of snow, as I said... but I really can't stress that enough, there is A LOT OF SNOW!!! We did get a way cool Christmas tree though, and its just the right hight too. Fits perfectly in our cabin. So good times. We also had another adventure getting all of the cars out of the drive way so that the plow could clear out our driveway. Stewarts car was COMPLETELY BURIED!! It was pretty Epic. If I do say so myself.







Dec. 22nd - So today, we went snowboarding...we did two runs and then they shut down all the lifts...Because there is to much wind and...well its a BLIZZARD out there. =( sad day. +4. for serious. So that being the case we decided to go sledding but sadly my older siblings are old and didn't last but 2 or 3 runs down the street...which is sad. but that is ok, I guess I'll be right along side them once i have my own children. After that, I rolled around on some snow banks, thew some snowballs wrestled with my dogs and worked a little bit on a snow cave. which was awesome. The Blizzard is really cool, I'm glad we are getting so much snow. so yeah, other then that, things are good.



Dec. 23rd - Oh the joys of Snowboarding. I went
snowboarding today, it was glorious!!! wonderful weather, it was a little cold in the morning, but it warmed up by 11 or so. IT was great stuff. had alot of fun. It was also the first day I've seen the sun since I got her, and the first time I've felt Sunshine since I got here. I had an awesome time. Alexander was with me, we had lunch at the bump and grind, home of the best BLT's in the WORLD, no joke. haha, while we were there, I found a string hanging off my sleeve so I turn to Alexander and i'm like "Dude, I need your monkey teeth to cut this string."
and he just looks at me and says "Dude, I don't think monkeys really have sharp teeth." It was great. haha. Anyways, It was an Awesome Day, filled with good music, awesome boarding, good snow, powder, jumps and all kinds of goodness. We rounded up the day eating at the Cedar Breaks Lodge Cafe. It was DELICIOUS!! but now I'm going to see if I can download The Way of Kings and read some, and work on my own book, I've had a huge breakthrough on that. =)








Dec. 24th - Oh the joys of Snowboarding 2!!! hahaha, Second day of all day snowboarding, from
9-5.... Like a full time job... A full time job I would love to have. haha. It started nice and calm, just some small hills with my Broham Tommy on chair 4, then we went to see the kiddos who were in ski school. They were quite cold and sad at that time, so we ate lunch and then took them out again just at the bottom of the bunny hill, working on making pizza with them. We were there for... about an hour, then Tommy and I left the kiddos and went back to some fun hills. took 4 up and over to 1 did 1 once, then took up chair 8? i think? I dunno its the new one, then went up chair 2 and over to 5 then shredded all over that side of the mountain. We saw some Avalanche Patrols at the top of brianhead peek blowing snow up! that was cool. After that... well, the day was super warm so I had left my jacket in the car, and my hat. I was just in chillies and a tee-shirt. so I was a little in front of tommy, he is a skier btw. So I stopped and kneeled down on the slope looking up at tommy, he had stopped too. So I'm like "tommy where are we going?" and he is like "I don't care. lets go to Chair 5 again."and I'm like "OK" and then he looks at me and says "and Now you are going to wish you had a coat." I looked at him confusedly, seeing as i was very configled with hiscomment, seeing as I was sweating. then I say "wha?"...and then I realize he is coming strait for me.... andthen, he starts to turn... and all i could think was "Oh this is going to suck.." so he sprays with me snow, so cold... so cold... it was.. "Refreshing...right.." haha Then after snowboarding we all came home and had a Christmas program of the nativity. It was awesome!! I got to play a wise man and bring myrrh (spelling? anybody? anybody?...I dunno if that is right.) My niece Ainsley played the Angel announcing the birth of the savior, to Jake and Evan my nephews the shepherds ... Mary was played by my niece Ella and Joseph my nephew Adam... Alexander played both a wise man and the donkey Mary rode into the City of David.Scott also a two parter played the inn keeper and a wise man...Add he was a great inn keeper btw, he was just the right level of creepy. The reason for the Nativity, that is the Birth of Jesus Christ, and there for the star of the show, the Baby Jesus was played by the GlowWorm. And then, we all opened our PJs that we get this year, matching sets, well, Tommy, my father, alexander and I have the same ones and then Richard Stewart and Scott have the same ones too. SO, to matching sets...or whatever. haha anyways that was bout it, awesome Christmas Eve.





Dec. 25th - CHRISTMAS!!! AWESOME... although it started all to early.... 2 days of snowboarding all day long followed by a late night of rapping the last of the presents, followed by your little brother opening your door at 5 A.M and saying "Andrew, come down stairs as soo
n as you can." makes for one Tired Andrew Axel Christensen.... FOR SERIOUS. It was all good though. It took, I dunno another 15-20 mins for everyone else to gather down stairs in my parents room, then we all went up stairs and had Christmas, its crazy with all the kids!! To put it in perspective there is My mother and Father, My older brother Tommy, and his wife Danielle their children Ainsley and Eleanor, Anna and her husband Allen and their children Adam, Jake, and Evan, Stewart and his wife Shanna, and their children Ella and Luke, Richard and his wife Erika, Myself, Scott, and Alexander. So... yeah thats a lot of people... with alot of stuff, well for the little ones at any rate. My mother got a 16 gauge Shotgun... I really don't know why, but I think it was worth mentioning... I got a sweet sweatshirt with built in headphone draw strings... so don't think i'm crazy next time you see me and the drawstrings are stuck in my ears...they really are supposed to go there. Just so you know. And i GOT A WICKED AWESOME SHIRT...
its Pandamonium!!! I decided that the 7th of every month is Panda day and I have to wear it that day... I can wear it any other day I want but it is REQUIRED to wear a panda shirt on the 7th of every month...cause pandas are wicked awesome right?? Then... well you know we sat around, ate the most delicious french toast with butter-cream sauce and fresh fruit, Thanks Mom, you are awesome!! and you know... played around, I got The Way of Kings, so I started digging into reading that, then my brother convinced me to go snowboarding... AGAIN!!! I swear... I'm surprised I was able to go without falling over and falling asleep on a run, or on the lift...so yeah, THE JOY OF SNOWBOARDING 3!!!! it was pretty intense, Stewart, Myself, Scott, and Alexander. We were all ripping it up!! I totally ate it on a rail...I'm not much for the tricks, I just like to GO REALLY REALLY FAST, but we went to the park so I was working on that kinda stuff, I'm getting better at the jumping stuff....I'm still a little apprehensive on the rails.. especially after my EPIC belly grind to face roll down the slope......I wish I had a video, we could all laugh for... seriously like a week, especially the second time I tried the rail, lets just say, I couldn't stop laughing... but anyways, we did't do a FULL day, we came home, eh like 3ish? maybe? I dunno I've completely lost track of time. It all just Blends together, but anyways, now we are just sitting around again, I'm going to work on my book for a bit, read some of my friends book, then read some of the Way of Kings, although really I think I'm just going to sleep until dinner, then I'll do that other stuff I just said. I HOPE EVERYONE HAD A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Talk to you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment