Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Respect, Liking, Trust, and Fairness.

In the Chapter Respect, Liking, Trust, and Fairness by Kathleen she talks about the effects of teachers and students relationships with one another. It is really good cause she doesn't just speculate or talk about studies, she uses words stories from actual living students. She talks about how even being a teacher that students like isn't always the best for students learning. When you like a teacher to much you think of them as your friend and that can get in the way of your learning.
I really liked this article and I agree with what it says. Looking back at my own experiences I know that the teachers I didn't "like" all that much are the ones that I learned the most from. Some of them I did have better relationships with then others, however others I didn't like at all, I just respected them and felt respected by them. That is the key if you ask me. Teachers need to respect their students and students need to respect their teachers. There is no substitute for Respect and trust in a class room. Those are built on fairness and communication. Without these things school will fail in any and every form of education.

No comments:

Post a Comment